- Our Biochemistry Department is a third generation laboratory, headed by an experienced
- doctoral fellow, backed by highly qualified and motivated team of Senior Technical staff.
- We use the state-of-art technologies such as CLIA technology Biochip assay and HPLC
- technologies for greater accuracy. It is well equipped with latest technology, to perform not
- only the routine biochemical tests for patients but also a wide variety of super specialized
- investigations, such as Tumor markers, Therapeutic Drug Monitoring including Cyclosporin,
- Immunoglobulins,Immuno-fixation Electrophoresis, Osmolality, Iron deficiency panel,
- Infertility panel, Hormonal assays, Stone analysis, Diabetic profile and many more.
- The complete blood count (CBC) is a traditional platform test in the clinical laboratory practice. The laboratory is equipped with completely automated instrument, cell counters for carrying out routine haematological investigations such as haemoglobin, total and differential leukocyte count, platelet count and red blood cell indices and fully automated benchtop, hemostasis workstation for clotting assays. This department is equipped with highly experienced team of Pathologists.
- The automated systems use unique method of sample management for rapid processing of STAT samples. Highly sensitive reagents are used on the fully automated haematology systems. It also carries out complete work up of anemia and leukemia cases with expert pathologist consultation. In quest of application of advanced approved technology, the lab carries out the ID-Card (column agglutination technology) method that revolutionized the work environment of blood banks around the world, for blood grouping and anti-globulin tests. The laboratory maintains a high degree of internal and external quality control to yield twin benefits of customer satisfaction and high standards.
- Instruments for Cell Counting available with us
Microbiology & Serology
- The laboratory is specialized in analysis of all clinical samples for rapid detection of microbes
- their identification and antibiotic susceptibility testing. The lab also utilizes the full benefit of
- automated system for continuous loading, real time detection of bacterial growth curves,
- quantitative results, susceptibility testing with customized antibiotic panels, automated
- results reading and reporting and bi-directional interface with user-friendly software. Our
- lab is equipped with separate automated machines for urine culture, blood culture,
- microbial identification and antibiotic susceptibility testing. The tandem utilization of
- automated machines helps us in releasing urine culture negative reports within 4 hours and
- positive reports within a day. Automated blood culture system makes detection of microbes,
- within a day,possible for strong positive cases, which could be a boon to critically ill patients.
- Automated identification system strengthens and widens our identification library to more
- than thousand species of microorganisms. We also offer on-site operation theater
- surveillance and fumigation protocols.
- ▪ PCR for HIV, HPV, HCV, HSV and Tb
- ▪ TbPCR done by Gene Xpert (Mtb /RIF)
- ▪ Member of IPAQT (Initiative for Promoting Affordable And Quality Tests )
- ▪ Association with CHAI (Clinton Health Access Initiative)
- The Histopathology laboratory, headed by a senior most pathologist, provides opinion on biopsies from all tissues from specialities like Gynaecology, Urology, Gastro-intestinal, Cardiovascular, Orthopaedic, Respiratory Medicine and highly specialized areas such as Neuropathology, Oncology and Transplant (liver& renal) pathology. Intra-operative cytology consultations are also available. External cases in the form of specimens or review slides are also reported. Fluid cytology, fine needle aspiration cytology and PAP Smears are routinely available.
- In order to achieve the goal of early and reliable reporting, the laboratory is equipped with high quality precision equipments which include Phase Contrast, Fluorescent and Polarisation microscope with high pixel camera and necessary software. Diagnostic indicators like ER and PR receptor studies are also being reported on breast cancer cases. A wide range of IHC markers are available for the diagnosis and Management of other tumours.